Stability Problems

  • From: "Ryan Parlee" <listbox@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 14:17:15 -0500

I have ISA Server installed in Firewall-Only mode and am running SecureNAT.
My only purpose is to provide Internet filtering, so I have my IP filtering
policies completely open.  That is, all clients are able to communicate out
through any port and external machines are able to access all ports on ISA
Server.  The reason for using SecureNAT is simply that I don't want to have
to configure a Web Proxy on each machine.  Plus, there's no way for my users
to bypass SecureNAT as they could with Web Proxy (just turn it off!)

That's my setup, here's my problem:

ISA SERVER
    internal ip: 192.168.0.250
    external ip: 172.23.238.170

From outside the network, I am able to ping the external IP of my ISA Server
with no problems.  However, after a few days uptime (about 3-5 days), my
pings no longer go through.  Why is this happening?  It's not just ping that
dies, but some TCP ports stop working too (although some ports stay open).
Strange!  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks, Ryan