RE: Split Tunneling

  • From: "Eric Poole" <EPoole@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 10:01:19 -0800

Internal hospital vpn clients want to connect to UCSF internal network and
maintain their internet connection.  They are behind our firewall, but we don't
have direct administrative control.  I guess I was concerned about the ability
for someone on the UC network to use the ip we connect to as a default gateway
and come back over the line.  The UC network seems to be a breeding ground for
virus's, Trojans, and worms.

Eric Poole
IS Security Analyst
Community Medical Centers
1140 "T" Street, Fresno, California  93721
559-459-6784 (phone)  559-459-2045 (fax)