[isalist] Re: Some tasks using scripts.

  • From: "Gerald G. Young" <g.young@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 14:11:19 -0400

Here’s the syntax for that command:

drainstop [{Cluster[:Host] | all {local | global}}]

Disables all new traffic handling on the specified hosts. While draining, hosts
continue to service opened connections and stop their cluster operations when
there are no more active connections. Draining mode can be terminated by
explicitly stopping cluster mode with the stop command or by restarting new
traffic handling with the start command. The optional parameters allow the
command to address a specific cluster, a specific cluster on a specific host,
all clusters on the local computer, or all global computers that are part of
the cluster.

You may need to be more specific as far as what you are stopping but the above
command does – or should – do what is done through ISA.  Or, since ISA actually
manages NLB, ISA may be restarting it after the draining finishes and NLB
actually stops on that node.  I’m not sure what to do in that case.  Jim?

Cordially yours,

Jerry G. Young II

Application Engineer, Platform Engineering and Architecture

NTT America, an NTT Communications Company

22451 Shaw Rd.

Sterling, VA 20166

Office: 571-434-1319

Fax: 703-333-6749