[isalist] Re: Slow Browsing.

  • From: Jim Harrison <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 14:33:56 -0700

Do you have any rules that use Domain or URL sets and include protocols _other
than_ HTTP or HTTPS?
If so, then you need to stop doing that.

ISA doesn't have a name for traffic which is using protocols other than HTTP or
HTTPS.
When you build non-HTTP(S) rules using "names", ISA has to perform name lookups
to see if the IP can be matched against the name.
Since rev-lookups on the Internet are so reliable, this costs a LOT in terms of
time spent looking for something that just doesn't exist.

Jim