RE: Slightly Off Topic - Multiple NIC's in a machine.

  • From: "Anthony Michaud" <anthonym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 14:35:41 +1000

Thanks to both you and artdekneef, you've given me some insight as to
how I'll be setting up the fileserver :)

As for current issue - after doing some diag's on the machine, I soon
realised that ~10% packet loss on a LAN is probably not a good thing.
One cat5 cable later, performance has increased over 1000% :)

Why is it *always* the simple things?? :)

--
Anthony Michaud
Network Administrator

Blessed are those who have no expectations, for they will never be
disappointed. --Buddha