[isalist] Re: Slightly OT Again:HP ProLiant DL320 Firewall/VPN/Cache Server setup DNS problem

  • From: "Barbara Causey" <barbara@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 10:16:24 -0400

Thanks to everyone for their help. It is working now, but something is still
not right. If I set up the client computers to use the ISA server as a web
proxy server then no Internet access. The ISA 2000 server was set up this way
and it worked great.

In answer to your questions Dr. Tom, I was following the instructions in your
book that said to set up the ISA server as a caching only DNS server. I
configured the internal DNS server to use the ISA's DNS server as its forwarder
and I created the rule you stated. The client computers are using the internal
DNS server.

Any ideas on what else could be wrong?

Barbara