Setup Caused Blue Screen of Death...now unable to Install or Uninstall

  • From: "Joseph A. Axne" <jaxne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:00:58 -0700

I appoligize if anyone has already posted the fix to this issue in
advance, but really in need of some help to recover from a big failure!

Here are the specs of my system...(This is actually a system I
preconfigured and sent to an office in Jacksonville, FL)

Compaq ProLiant ML350
1GB RAM
Windows 2000 Server
SP2 plus Microsoft Updates via internet (Pre-SP3 HotFixes)
IE 5.5 SP2
Windows Terminal Services
2 NICs
1 Port NIC for External
2 Port Compaq NIC Internal (Jacksonville set this NIC to teaming before
the ISA Server Install)

Install files were copied to local hard drive before sending unit to
Jacksonville.

Jacksonville set the Compaq NIC to teaming and setup the basic configs for
the external and internal nics.  Jacksonville ran through the setup and
got almost to the end when the System Blue Screened with some sort of
Compaq NIC error (I don't have the specifics). Jacksonville thought it
said something about the a teaming driver issue, but did not have the
specifics...

Rebooted and can't get into ISA Management.  When trying to re-run the
setup we get errors and when trying to run uninstall, we get errors!
These are the errors we get...

Re-Install Error:
Setup Error
"Could not intialize ISA Sever Settings"
OK (only option)

Uninstall Errors:
Setup Error 688
"A command line option has been used, which is valid only in maintaince
mode."
OK (only option)

Setup Error 723
"Setup was unable to read configuration information from the first section
of the setup file: C:\~MSSETUP.T\~msstfqf.t\setup.stf."
OK (only option)

Please reply with any and all help!