RE: Setting up reverse proxy (how to?)

  • From: "Marty Nelson" <MNelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 08:28:50 -0800

I'm back, thought you lost me didn't you!

When I received yours and Danny's message, I went into my server room
and added a second card to the machine.  When I rebooted, my RAID array
lost a disk and somehow decided to corrupt my Windows installation.  I'm
back up and running now though, and let me tell you where I am.  The
server has two interfaces, 10.100.2.15 (in the DMZ), and a 192.168
address which is in our internal network.

I've reinstalled ISA, and am currently running in "Edge Firewall" mode.
Since I am running this in our DMZ, behind out OpenBSD firewall, is that
the appropriate setup?  As far as the publishing of my internal web
server goes, I've setup the following rule:

From: Anywhere
To: 192.168.0.9
Traffic: HTTP
Listener: Port 80 listener
        Networks: External, Internal, Local Host
        Preferences: Enable Port 80
Public Name: Request for the following websites
        ipcs.transdyn.com/jira

And that's it, or rather those are the only fields I've changed.  I know
I'm missing something, I just don't know where, or what.  I am running
IIS on the same machine, and there is a website: ipcs.transdyn.com, but
there is no jira virtual directory.  Do I need to create one?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.