Re: Server publishing the gatekeeper

  • From: Osama Faheem <osama.faheem@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 20:29:25 +0500

Hi,

We have a ISA Server 2000 running at our branch office which is
located in the same city where our headoffice  resides. The client in
our branch office uses internet using ISA Server 2000. Now their ISA
Server one interface is connected to their LAN, another interface is
connected directly connected to a receiver of a satellite or a dish,
but this satellite provides them downlink. For uplink they connects to
our headoffice using VPN coonection. This VPN connection is defined in
ISA Server 2000 as a Dial-up entry and it is also set as an active
entry. Now in
headoffice there is a server which is their VPN server  and in which
RRAS is configured in which their pool of IP addresss is allowed. This
VPN Server is also on internet side and this provides them the uplink
so as to complete the circuit. A user account is also configured in
the headoffice VPN Server

Now my question is this as ISA Server 2004 is entirely different and
there is no cconceept of Dial-Up entry in it What is have to do so as
to replace the ISA Server 2000 at my branch office ?

Kindly help in this regard