Re: Server Publishing - for websites...

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Mar 2002 14:01:26 -0500

Bryan , are these servers on the ISA ?
Looks like you may need to try to get Host Headers working at the ISA server
machine.
Seems to be a binding problem with the IP's, as if you are trying to use one
IP for many servers.

Maybe I'm not seeing your problem fully ?

Mark

Date: 3/2/2002
Time: 1:32:28 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TATLISA2
Web Proxy service failed to bind its socket to 216.0.216.135 port 80.
This could be caused by another service that is already using the same
port or by a network interface card that is not functional. The error
code specified in the Data area of the event properties indicates the
cause of the failure.  For more information about this event, see ISA
Server Help.
Data:
0000: 40 27 00 00               @'..

or

These 2 occur when I start the proxy and then the firewall:

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID: 14163
Date: 3/2/2002
Time: 1:30:26 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TATLISA2
Server publishing rule [All TI Multi-Homed Webs] that maps 10.0.2.121:80
TCP to 216.0.216.135:80 for protocol [_http access] failed because the
port on the external interface is being used by another application.
The Firewall service failed to bind socket for the server on the
firewall since another process is using the same port. Check for any
other process using the same port and terminate if necessary.

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Microsoft ISA Firewall H.323 Filter
Event Category: None
Event ID: 20063
Date: 3/2/2002
Time: 1:30:44 PM
User: N/A
Computer: TATLISA2
H.323 filter is not configured to register with an H.323 Gatekeeper,
attempting to find a gatekeeper using multicast discovery. Inbound H.323
calls will not succeed while the filter is not registered with a
gatekeeper. To configure the filter to use a particular gatekeeper, edit
the H.323 filter Call Control properties and enter the H.323 gatekeeper
to register with.

I have just updated to sp1 but this was an issue before that I had hoped
was something weird that might be fixed now.

What exactly is the proxy trying to hook up to the external address via:
Web Proxy service failed to bind its socket to 216.0.216.135 port 80?
How do I separate this? I thought configuring the incoming web listeners
would do this.

Thanks for any help.