Server Publishing doesn't recover on dial-up

  • From: mm@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 04:25:01 -0600

I have an Exchange server published through ISA on a static IP address
allocated to a DSL RASPPPoE connection.

When the connection drops (our ISP does that more often than I like) the
ISA firewall detects that and a Server Publishing Failure entry is written
to the event log. However, when the connection is reestablished
(=redialled) no Server Publishing Recovery event occurs. This means all
servers stay unreachable as ISA doesn't restablish the LISTEN on the
published ports. If the ISA firewall service is restarted it works again.

The Network configuration change event is happening in both cases (on
connection dropped and on connection reestablished) which means that ISA
does detect it. However, it does not reestablish the published servers on
that IP.

Is this a known "feature" or have I got possibly something wrong in my
configuration or ...?

Any help appreciated.

Manuel