Securing ISA Interfaces

  • From: Glenn Maks <gmaks@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 08:45:33 -0500

Good Morning Everyone - and that includes Tom and Jim, It seems I have
touched on a rather interesting and debatable topic of securing Interfaces
in ISA, I would not have thought it would have received so much attention,
but that is a Good and Positive thing, as per your suggestion to create
Packet Filters in RRAS to manage the communications between my DMZ
(192.168.10.0/24) and my Private segment (172.19.4.0/22)as I have both
defined in my LAT, I have to say guys, I see no where in RRAS where I can do
this. Let me explain how I have RRAS configured, No only am I using ISA as
my Firewall and Web Proxy, but I am also using RRAS which is installed on
the same computer as the Communication Link that connects all my Branch
offices together, I am using L2TP with Certificates, I can tell you when the
connection is made, it seems to be Ok, but when any of the links are broken,
it is a real PAIN to get them connected again, I have my RRAS configured as
a Router, LAN Demand Dial Router and Remote Access Server, I can however
create and apply Packet filters for each VPN Tunnel but I do NOT see
anywhere in RRAS where I can create Packet filters for both LAT definitions
that are defined in the ISA Management Interface.  Could you please provide
some more insight, I will take another look myself.

  Thank You All

      Glenn