Re: Securenat v fw v web proxy

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 13:42:00 -0800

The clarifying docs are at :
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/tutoials/isa-clients-part1.htm

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, 2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/
Read the book!

----- Original Message -----
From: "Feign, Cory" <cfeign@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2001 10:37
Subject: [isalist] Securenat v fw v web proxy

http://www.ISAserver.org

I can't make sense of this and can't find any clarifying docs:

The only way ie can get out is by enabling web proxy/ config the isa address
in ie.
If firewall client is enabled, ie still needs address of isa, although
messenger can get out.

If both are disabled, I would think snat would be used to let me out.

In conclusion, I would think that if fw client is enabled or if client is
snat, I should be able to get out in ie regardless of web proxy settings?
Is this right?  Did I not enable something that needs to be enabled?

Thanks,

Cory