SecureNAT not working

  • From: "Nick Chadwick" <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 14:55:15 +0100

Ok, I did a clean uninstall of ISA AGAIN, after it's little error 278540
tantrum, have reinstalled it, and the services are starting (again)...

Now all of my clients, except one, cannot get to any external resources (I have
tried HTTP, telnet, ssh, ftp, etc.). For the most part, they are SecureNAT
clients. The one that works is a firewall client, but I have installed the
client on some others and they still do not work. There is no entry in the
firewall or packet filter logs to suggest that the attempts have failed.

This being the 3rd time I have installed ISA on our server, this is the first
time I have encountered this problem, and I am sure that it is configured as it
has been in the past.

Any ideas?

Nick Chadwick
Development & Technical Support Manager
Comsoft Limited, UK
Tel: +44-(0)20-8240-4452  Fax: +44-(0)20-8240-4449  Mobile: +44-(0)7740-362408
Email: nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Web: http://www.comsoft.ltd.uk/

Disclaimer: This e-mail contains proprietary information some or all
of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient
only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this
e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then
permanently delete the message from your computer. If you are not the
intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print
or rely on the e-mail.

The opinion expressed in this Email is that of the author and not
necessarily that of Comsoft Limited.

While attachments are virus checked, Comsoft Limited do not accept any
liability in respect of a virus which is not detected.