Re: SecureNAT ISA Server not functioning

  • From: karim kouider <nkarimdz@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "\[ISAserver.org Discussion List\]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 01:54:42 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Sir
u have isa server 2000 or isa 2004
for isa 2000 u need any port for fonction .
best regrd

"Hatton, Chris - SAL" <Chris.Hatton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi All,

I have here an interesting problem that I have encountered with SBS2000.

Server is running two nic cards and a router.

1 external nic has router plugged in directly.

Router: 10.5.4.1/24

Nic: 10.5.4.10/24

GW: 10.5.4.1

DNS: ISP

2 nic is the Local Network:

nic: 192.168.1.1/24

GW: Nothing

DNS: 192.168.1.1

LAT: 192.168.1.0 - 255

Problem is that the server cannot connect to any winsock applications via
SecureNat, the web browser works with the web proxy, but for the likes of
exchange server/telnet or antivirus updates it will fails to connect. The
computers on the private lan work faultlessly with or without the firewall
client.

However if I put the external network card in the lat entry 10.5.4.10 -
10.5.4.10, the server sees it as local and works fine, but then it defeats the
purpose of securing the LAT, and the lan clients will require the firewall
client.

Looked under the IPEXD..... files from the ISA Server logs, it says that it has
blocked 10.5.4.10 at port 25, so I opened up a packet filter to allow outbound
access SMTP for the external nic, but still doesn't work.

This seems pretty straight forward stuff, but I feel that I have maybe
overlooked something?? Anyone with any ideas?

Regards,

Chris Hatton

Information Systems Engineer

error please notify Safe Air Ltd immediately. Any views expressed
necessarily reflect the views of Safe Air.

Créez votre Yahoo! Mail

Le nouveau Yahoo! Messenger est arrivé ! Découvrez toutes les nouveautés pour
dialoguer instantanément avec vos amis.Téléchargez GRATUITEMENT ici !