Re: Secure NAT Clients slow to resolve http

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 06:57:29 -0800

Time to separate the issues and attack each one in turn.
The slow http resolution - if you don't type in the whole address in proper
format, any browser goes into "smart search" mode, where it'll try to fill
in the blanks for you.  How long that takes depends on how much is missing
from the real URL and how many similarities are out there.

Jim Harrison
MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
http://isaserver.org/authors/harrison/