SUS on ISA?

  • From: Joe Pochedley <JoePochedley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:11:46 -0400

Has anyone tried to install Microsoft's Software Update Services on a Win2K
Server running ISA server?  SUS is a nice, nifty tool, but my File, Print,
database, and email servers already have enough stuff running on them that I
don't want to burden them with another item...  The only server that's "not
doing too much" is my ISA server..  Buying another server is overkill for
300 clients (and I couldn't get the $$ approved if I tried).

Any stories of experience with SUS and ISA on the same machine would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Joe Pochedley
"In the end, if you have cables like
spaghetti on the floor and things only
connect when you swear at them, your
network is perfectly normal." - James Gaskin