Re: SSl Bridging

  • From: "Thomas Ratz" <tratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 06:14:31 -0600

This "problem" was also encountered by myself. I was ready to kick myself
square in the rear when I figured out the solution:

The ISA is assumed to be dual homed with the default gateway pointing to
the external NIC and a persistant route established for all internal
"default" routes.

The SSL certificate installed on the ISA server contains a "friendly" name
or url. This name must match the name defined in the redirect area of the
web publishing rule as well as in the https [protocol] allow filter
section.

Modify your /winnt/system32/drivers/etc/hosts file to include the same
name used in the step above and bind it to the internal IP address of the
destination site.

All will be well with the world at this point.