RE: SSL publishing on two internal servers

  • From: "Ratz, Thomas (US - Hermitage)" <tratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 08:32:50 -0500

Is there a reason you are using Server Publishing rules and not Web
Publishing rules?

You are only wanting to publish the web site(s) and not the entire server,
correct?

I have gotten several instances of web "servers" to work fine in the mode
you are attempting - ssl over a non-443 port. The trick is to establish a
web-publishing rule that uses a destination set with the proper paths
defined.

For root webs, this would most likely equate to a path of:   /*

Your listener configuration should also be double-checked.

All will work like a champ when configued as mentioned above.

You can also accept SSL traffic to the ISA on 444 and redirect it to the
internal server via SSL on 443.

Let me know if you would like additional info.

Thank you.

Thomas Ratz
Sr. Information Security Analyst
National Office