RE: SSL problem with OWA

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <bartleyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 11:32:59 -0400

Sorry about the delay on answering this. Here is the follow-up. The web
browser gets a certificate error stating the name on the certificate is
invalid or does not match the name of the site. If I click yes to
proceed, I get this error in the browser:

500 Internal Server Error - The target principal name is incorrect.
(-2146893022)
Internet Security and Acceleration Server

This is the error that matches the attempt from the web proxy log:

 xx.xxx.xx.xx anonymous Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT
5.2; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 1.0.3705) 2003-04-20 14:46:30
INTRASYS-ISA - intrasys1 192.168.100.1 443 70 354 - http GET
http://192.168.100.1:443/exchange/ Inet -2146893022

Because of the first error on a problem with the certificate, I am
assuming I am doing something wrong with the Incoming Web Requests SSL
listener certificate that I used. I think maybe I don't understand what
is meant by "the name of the certificate must match the name of the
published site".

I tried importing the certificate from the internal OWA server to match
the name. I requested and installed several server certificates using
every combination of friendly name to match the ISA server, the public
DNS name being used and the name of the internal OWA server. None of
those worked. Or do they mean the name of the actual Rule for the
published site, such as "OWA". Help, I'm lost.

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley

  _____