RE: SSL problem

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 14:46:52 -0400

OK Harrison....you asked for it

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Harrison [mailto:Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, November 29, 2004 2:06 PM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] RE: SSL problem

http://www.ISAserver.org

First, this doesn't happen for the whole site, just specific URLs.
This indicates that you have multiple web publishing rules for this
site, at least one of which is requiring SSL-only connections.

For instance:
https://www.leathalproductions.com/crash/knee/kneepics.htm produces the
HTTPS-only response from your ISA, but modifying the URL to use HTTPS
only results in a 10060 error, indicating that your ISA is not listening
on TCP-443.

Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed

Technical Information (for Support personnel) Error Code: 504 Proxy
Timeout. The connection timed out. For more information about this
event, see ISA Server Help. (10060) IP Address: 66.11.182.215
Date: 11/29/2004 5:55:27 PM

Without seeing the details of your web publishing rules, it's impossible
to say where exactly the problem is, but I'll bet Steve's next bad joke
that at least one of your web publishing rules is requiring SSL and you
failed to properly create an SSL listener.

If you're willing to provide your ISAInfo
(http://isatools.org/isainfo/isainfo.zip), we can better direct you.

  Jim Harrison
  MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
  http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/