[isalist] SSL Tunneling Problem

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <StrangConst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 20:24:04 -0500

Hi guys,

This should be an easy one for you all, but it is eluding me.
Internal client tries to access a non standard Secure web site (port 9443).
It crashes with this error,

      Network Access Message: The page cannot be displayed

      Technical Information (for Support personnel)
        a.. Error Code: 502 Proxy Error. The specified Secure Sockets Layer
(SSL) port is not allowed. ISA Server is not configured to allow SSL requests
from this port. Most Web browsers use port 443 for SSL requests. (12204)
        b.. IP Address: 10.0.0.1
        c.. Date: 12/13/2006 1:18:16 AM <LI
      If we disable all proxy info in IE connections, and just use the NAT it
will go thru.
      I have tried a bunch of stuff and not getting anywhere. I have been out
of this field for sometime now and am certainly rusty and doing something wrong.

      Please tell me what I am doing wrong and what I need to do to all it to
go thru using proxy server.

      ISA server 2004 on a Windows 2003 standard Machine. XP clients.

      Thanks

      Mark