[isalist] Re: [SPAM-DNSBL] - Re: Exchange Upgrade / ISA question - Sending mail server found on relays.ordb.org

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 22:02:19 -0300

The old exchange will still be the OWA server until
decommissioned....once you've removed it from the Exchange Organization,
then the new server's OWA should take over automagically.

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Steve Moffat
Posted At: Thursday, June 15, 2006 3:12 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [SPAM-DNSBL] - [isalist] Re: Exchange Upgrade / ISA
question - Sending mail server found on relays.ordb.org
Subject: [SPAM-DNSBL] - [isalist] Re: Exchange Upgrade / ISA question -
Sending mail server found on relays.ordb.org

Rofl.....once you've decommissioned the old server, change the IP
address in your mail server rules to the new one. That's it.

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of ISA
Posted At: Wednesday, June 14, 2006 5:05 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: Exchange Upgrade / ISA question
Subject: [isalist] Exchange Upgrade / ISA question

Hey folks:

I am preparing to upgrade our network. Currently our one server which is
a (DC, Exchange, File, print etc) and sits behind ISA2004. Mail and OWA
are published to this one box.

I intend to introduce the new Exchange 2003 server (as Exchange2), move
all the mailboxes to Exchange2 and let the old Exchange1 server sit for
a week until everyone's Outlook hits it at least once.

Then, I intend to follow (KB307917) to remove Exchange1 - and rebuild
the entire server.

Question: Regarding the (week) I will actually have two exchange servers
up and running - what are the things I need to do with ISA2004 server
(understanding that I have to re-point it to Exchange2 at least when I
remove Exchange1).