Re: SNMP

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 08:32:46 -0500

I understand that, but the graphs are quit misleading.  For example, I was
installing software last week that made the graphs in my real-time monitor
nearly flat-line at 5Mbps for 40 minutes.  I went back and looked at the MRTG
graphs and it showed one tiny spike at 2.5Mbps.

The real "problem" arises because our ISP bases almost all of their planning
off of these graphs.  During these times where I watch the W2K3 network monitor
and see it flat-line with traffic, the network response time becomes
horrendous, making it almost unusable for 15-20 minutes at a time.  When I
close to our bandwidth limit (according to MRTG), and that bandwidth cannot be
the problem.

I'm trying to figure out how to use the "ISA Server Performance Monitor" to
show them the problem, but haven't quite gotten that down yet.