Re: SMTP publishing

  • From: "Thor \(Hammer of God\)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2005 12:11:07 -0800

I've not swapped DNS to my secondary mail server yet. mx for mail and mail2 currently point to external interface of my primary connection on a different ISA box. But I see where you are going- mx will point to the external interface of the ISA box hosting the secondarly connection. As it is, I telnet to the IP of the external interface, and the publishing rule fails. I know I didn't mention that part, but it's not relevent here (yet).

This has got to do with the way ISA is viewing the "perimiter" network differently than the "internal" network. I wondering if I should tell it I have 2 internal networks rather than 1 internal and one perimiter.

Ideas?

-----
"I may disapprove of what you say,
but I will defend to the death your