RE: SMTP :point me in the right direction

  • From: "Steven Sporen" <sporens@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 11:41:10 +0200

Hi,

You configure your clients to connect directly through to your ISP (if
you are running an internal DNS server I would create a CNAME record
pointing to your ISP's mail server - that way if you want to change it
in the future, it's a matter of updating the CNAME and all the clients
follow; on second thought you could put it in a public record don't
think it'd make much difference), or you configure your onsite mail
server to make use of a smart host.

Hope this helps.

Regards
  Steven