[isalist] SMTP - internal to localhost issue..

  • From: "Paul T. Laudenslager" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 19:08:07 -0500

Okay, I'm missing something simple here but have yet to figure it out.

1.  I published (2) internal SMTP boxes to outside "live" IP addresses.  I can
access these internal servers on port 25 just fine on thier 'public' ips.

2.  I can telnet to the SMTP port of each other's private IP address.  (ie.
172.16.x.x to 172.16.x.x)

Problem

======

When I try and telnet from one SMTP server to the published "public" IP of the
other SMTP server, the connection is denied.

I've created a rule to allow internal network to localhost network for port 25
but it is still failing.

Any suggestions on what to look for next?

Thanks in advance for your kind suggestions! :)

-paul

This email is confidential and should only be read by the intended recipient.