RE: SMTP Problem

  • From: "Bull" <bull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 17:00:10 +0200

thx Steven, I'll do that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Sporen [mailto:sporens@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, February 04, 2002 4:42 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: SMTP Problem

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi,

Try connecting directory with telnet to port 25 of an external mail
server (if you are not using a smart host) or to the smart host.

E.g.: c:\telnet maila.microsoft.com 25
Returns:
220 inet-imc-01.redmond.corp.microsoft.com Microsoft.com ESMTP Server
Mon, 4 Feb  2002 06:42:38 -0800

Type "quit" and enter.

If you get this then the problem is not related to your firewall
configuration, if you don't and it just seems to hang then I would look
at the log files on the ISA server. Filter on the IP address of the mail
server (which you can get by ping'ing it).

Regards
  Steven