SMTP Problem

  • From: "Paul Nuernberger" <pen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:06:45 -0500

I've finally arrived at a (for me) stumper.  ISA set up, running perfectly.
Using it for the servers on the network only, workstations passing through
linux firewall. TS & VPN function flawlessly.

I went to set up Intrusion Detection Alerts, so that it could send an email
to my pager - no way Jose ! No matter what I tried it will not connect to
the SMTP server I list (or any other fro that matter).

SMTP server is 'outside' of ISA domain, but I do have relaying privileges to
& through it that are set by IP not host name.  It does not require
authentication to send or relay.  DNS is working in & out of domain
perfectly, and I can ping the server.

I then set up the fake Identd server (from ISA CD) as it is a linux mail
server, and have set up ISA (or so I believe) to allow Identd, SMTP, & SMTP
Server through - still no go.

Connection just simply fails outright (or acts like a time out).  Can anyone
think of anything I missed ?

Paul Nuernberger