SMTP Filter Won't Work

  • From: ditoh@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 11:59:23 -0700

I have a stand alone ISA server through which I have published the
Exchange server using the Server Wizard.  Right now it's working just
fine, but now I'd like to get my SMTP filter working.  I've gone over the
standard setup about two dozen times and still can't get it to work.

Here's what I've been doing:  I go to the Client Destination set and type
in the address of the IIS/SMTP server instead of the Exchange server.
Then I go to the SMTP Server publishing rule and change the address of the
Internal Server from the Exchange Server to the SMTP server.  After
restarting the Firewall and Web Proxy services, I don't receive any mail
at all.  The SMTP filter is enabled, but minimally configured.  I
confirmed that the SMTP server has a firewall session with the ISA server.
 No errors show up anywhere on any of the servers regarding this issue.
The Message Screener has been installed on the SMTP server and configured
as per Shinder.  Everything's by the book, but it just doesn't work.
Anybody have any idea how to solve this mystery?