RE: SMTP Filter STARTTLS Issue

  • From: "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 19:24:42 -0600

Hi Tim,

I believe they did know that it didn't work. But you know how allocation
of resources goes. Need to triage things, and things like support for
SecurID, link translation, OWA Wizard support, outbound RPC and inbound
RPC encryption enforcement were more popular requests among their
customers. I agree that support for secure SMTP would be great,
especially now that SMTP auth is supported. But you seemed to be the
only one who said anything about it in the last couple of years (in a
public forum), and I guess not too many partners mentioned this either.
I agree that a fix for this would be an ideal candidate for a hotfix or
next SP.