RE: SMTP Filter Problem

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 07:22:32 -0700

ISA is not causing this.
It appears that you're trying to send mail to an SMTP server that does
not serve yahoo.com.
That's the essence of relaying.

#1.
The remote host "213.183.15.61", responded to the SMTP command "rcpt"
with
"550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for mustafa@xxxxxxxxx  ". The full command
sent
was "RCPT TO:<mustafa@xxxxxxxxx>  ".  This will probably cause the
connection to fail.

AND

2) Source: MS Exchange Transport
#1.
The remote host "213.183.15.61", responded to the SMTP command "x-exps"
with "500". The full command sent was "X-EXPS
".  This will probably cause the connection to fail.

The IP address 213.183.15.61 is the IP address of ISA external
interface.

We inluded X-EXPS command in the SMTP Filter of ISA configuration. But
this did not solved the problem and we got error message
"mailexch.netplace.de #5.7.3 smtp;535 5.7.3 Authentication
unsuccessful".
Only and only solution that we found out that we disabled SMTP Filter on
ISA. But that is not the "correct solution" for us, because we want to
keep SMTP Filter on ISA enabled.

How can we solve this problem?
Any idea?

Best Regards