SMTP Event

  • From: "Rob Moore" <RMoore@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 09:14:32 -0400

Hi guys--

Over the past few weeks I've been bringing my first ISA server on line.
Yesterday I started using it with a test Exchange server. It seems to be
working pretty well, but when mail goes through the ISA server, errors
get generated in the Application Log (even though the messages do go
through):
Source: SmtpEvt
Event ID: 20031

I looked it up at EventID.net and it referred me to Q322234. I looked at
that and it says: "This message is logged when the SMTP Filter service
in ISA Server receives a command that is not listed under the SMTP
Commands tab in the SMTP Filter properties. The command that was passed
appears in the DATA section of the event message. If the command was
expected, you must add this command to the SMTP Filter properties SMTP
Commands tab."

The data says (amongst other gibberish): XEXCH50 and 2184.

Do I need to add an "XEXCH50" command to the SMTP filter? What max
length?

Thanks,
Rob