[isalist] SMTP Connection Closed - Solved

  • From: "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 10:23:39 -0500

Everyone - I just wanted to thank everyone for all your help. It appears
as the problem was solved, but the solution is still a bit mysterious.

To recap the problem:
1) I have a new client that I setup a new network for including the
domain, T1 line, SBS 2003 RS etc. After I was done I tested the mail
which worked fine inbound/outbound EXCEPT when sending to MY server.

2) My server is an Exchange 2003 (fully patched) running GFI
MailEssentials and behind an ISA 2004 (fully patched). During my
troubleshooting I SHUT OFF MailEssentials and all Exchange filtering -
still no good.

I checked the ISA real time logs and watched as the SMTP connection was
created, the broken down (within 5 seconds).

Long story short, I submitted a Reverse DNS zone entry to my client's
ISP on Friday - and by Sunday mail was coming in with lightning speed.

QUESTION: what was blocking the mail from coming in? ISP?

________________________________

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Jim Harrison
Posted At: Friday, January 19, 2007 11:44 AM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [isalist] Re: SMTP Connection Closed
Subject: [isalist] Re: SMTP Connection Closed

Captures
Isa live logging

Get it