[isalist] Re: SMTP Connection Closed

  • From: "Mark Morgan" <MMorgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 16:34:56 -0800

It also appears your MX record is pointing to HYPERLINK
"http://www.networkblade.com"www.networkblade.com and not mail.networkblade.com.

Mark.

   _____

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thor (Hammer of God)
Posted At: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:40 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [isalist] SMTP Connection Closed
Subject: [isalist] Re: SMTP Connection Closed

Just to make sure we’re saying the same thing.. Not filtering via Exchange and
3rd party- the ISA SMTP filter.  You disabled that?

On 1/18/07 3:30 PM, "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:
Thor – thanks but I’ve turned off ALL filtering via Exchange and 3rd party
software.

I’ve tried connecting (via telnet) from multiple locations (ISP) and from
Exchange 2003 and SBS 2003. Some work and Some don’t. When watching the ISA
real-time logs, the connection is initiated then 5 seconds later it is then
closed by the Exchange publishing rule.

A 12-pack for the one who gets this one!

<and this is on my own server/network>

www.networkblade.com HYPERLINK
"http://www.networkblade.com/";<http://www.networkblade.com/>

   _____

From: isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [HYPERLINK
"mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx%5d"mailto:isalist-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Thor (Hammer of God)
Posted At: Thursday, January 18, 2007 6:22 PM
Posted To: ISA
Conversation: [isalist] SMTP Connection Closed

Check your SMTP filter settings for command lengths... NOOP has been
problematic before at its default of 6 – I changed mine to 20 after sniffing
traffic and determining some older Exchange boxes were padding NOOP with
spaces..

On 1/18/07 1:46 PM, "ISA" <ISA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to all:
Hope someone can help!

I think this is an ISA 2004 (patched) issue.

From some clients I can send/receive email just fine (and telnet port 25). But
from other clients I can not. I monitored the ISA logs and observed the
connection initiated then being closed.

From Exchange 2003 box I shut of IMF and GFI services – still not luck
receiving email or telnet’ing from a particular client.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Respectfully

Joseph Danielsen, MCSA-Messaging, MCP
Network Blade Inc.