SMTP Authentication

  • From: "Alexandre G. Valente" <alexandre@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 15:19:01 -0300

Hi,

I've trying to implement a SMTP server (using Exchange 2000) with
authentication. It works fine inside my network, but whenever I try to
use it from outside, across an ISA 2K server, I'm always getting the
error below. Does somebody has some insight on how to solve this? I've
already tried searching the archives with no success.

Thanks.

"... Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC78) : 'Unable to
send the message. Please verify the e-mail address in your account
properties.  The server responded: 454 5.7.3 Client was not
authenticated.'"

Alexandre Valente