[isalist] SCCM Publishing

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <alan.roberts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 14:07:06 +0100

I am trying to set up SSL bridging for interaction between internet
based SCCM clients and the SCCM MP and am working through the document
at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc707697.aspx.  All of our
clients are domain joined laptops and we will be using the internet
client functionality of SCCM to simply communicate with these domain
joined machines when they are off site (e.g. at a users home or on a
client site).  All computers in the domain are currently automatically
issued computer certificates from our Windows 2003 enterprise based PKI.
The document above however creates custom certificates for issuance to
clients that contain a Subject Alternative Name with the format:
upn=<hostname>$@<domain.tld>, something the certificates we currently
issue do not include.  Is this SAN field required in our scenario or is
this only applicable to scenarios including internet clients that aren't
domain joined and haven't been automatically enrolled for computer
certificates via active directory?

Thanks

Alan

Alan Roberts

Senior IT Services Administrator

This email and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended
recipient(s) only.  Its contents may be
confidential and/or subject to legal privilege and should be treated as such.
It should not be copied,
disclosed to, retained or used by any other party.  If you are not an intended
recipient please notify
the sender immediately and then delete this message and any attachments.

Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and not those of
Phoenix IT Group plc or any
of its subsidiaries. This email is not intended to be contractually binding.

Although we have checked this email for viruses, it is your responsibility to
scan the message and
attachments prior to opening them.  We do not take responsibility for loss or
damage caused by viruses.

Phoenix IT Group plc                                      Registered in England
no. 03476115
Phoenix IT Services Limited                               Registered in England
no. 01466217
Trend Network Services                                    Registered in England
no. 01049704
Registered offices: Technology House, Hunsbury Hill Avenue, Northampton  NN4
8QS.

Servo Limited                                             Registered in England
no. 01983540
ICM Business Continuity Services Limited                  Registered in England
no. 02762460
Registered offices: Servo House, Oakwell Way, Oakwell Business Park, Birstall
WF17 9LU