RE: Rules not working.

  • From: Erik Sojka <esojka@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 15:46:01 -0400

Inline prefaced with EPS>

through ISA to http://www.whatever.com:8000 (actual server name and port do
not matter) the PIX logs the attempt coming from the ISA server and denies
it.

> 2. The LAT is configured incorrectly

EPS> I double checked; There are only LAT entries for our internal VLANs.

> 3. Packet filtering is not enabled on the ISA Server
>

EPS> Packet filtering is enabled;  There are two packet filters:  Predefined
"ICMP All Outbound" and Predefined "ICMP Ping Response (in)".  Both are
enabled and applied to all remote computers and default IP addresses on
external interfaces.

> 4. All "all open" Protocol Rule is there somewhere
>

EPS> Where?  Somewhere other than "S&C Rules", "Protocol Rules", and "IP
Packet Filters" under the Access Policy container?

> That said, you do NOT need to create a deny rule for all
> protocols that
> are not allowed. If you do not create an allow rule for these other
> protocols, they will not be allowed.
>

EPS> Hence my asking the question; I do see the behavior I'm reporting.  Any
other thoughts?