RE: Rules not working.

  • From: "Thomas W. Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 12:05:50 -0500

Hi Erik,

ISA Server ONLY passes traffic you allow. Period. So, there are several
possibilities:

1. The PIX operator is wrong

2. The LAT is configured incorrectly

3. Packet filtering is not enabled on the ISA Server

4. All "all open" Protocol Rule is there somewhere

That said, you do NOT need to create a deny rule for all protocols that
are not allowed. If you do not create an allow rule for these other
protocols, they will not be allowed.

HTH,
Tom
www.isaserver.org/shinder