Routing Rules

  • From: "cismic" <cismic@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 02:58:12 -0800

Hi All,

I have a question on routing rules.  I have a setup that has 1 incoming line
attached to one ISA server.  I have another line that I use as outgoing
only, also
attached to another ISA server.  Both of these ISA machines sit on the
outside
of the DMZ facing the "unknow location" <grin>

ISA \ (Incoming)
        DMZ > ISA (internal network)
ISA / (Outgoing)

From my internal network I have a routing rule that routes all outgoing
requests to the outgoing
machine.  This works well.  I did this so I could study the logs dealing
with upstream proxy stuff
and learn as much as I can about that.

I'm noticing that with the outbound routing rule set that sometimes but not
always requests from the internal network
have been routed out. But, they really don't go anywhere since I get 10061
becuase I'm just looking around on the internal network and not really
wanting to go out to the internet with all request.

I sometimes rack my brains.

Thanks for any routing insight.

Joseph