[isalist] Re: Restore of ISA server config from 1 sbs server to another Sbs server.

  • From: "Glenn P. JOHNSTON" <glenn.johnston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 09:42:58 +1000

OK.

I am now on site looking at the server, and the server is one sick little
monster.

There are 2 issues apparent at the moment, when I am trying to restore the
original saved config file I have, the progress bar gets about 1/2 way and
stops, even after 30 minutes it did not move, even allowing for how s -- l --
o -- w the server is running, I don't think this is going to work.

If I try to alter any of the firwall rules, add a new one, change an existing
one, delete an existing one, to change / / delete part works, when I click
apply, again the progress bar goes about 1/2 way and stops.

Does anyone have a feel for if the restore of a foreign ISA config file should
make the server run so slow, network stuff I can understand, but could this be
expected to make the server itself so slow ? I just feel that I still might not
have the whole story, but I can see anything else obvious that has been
tampered with, or installed.

Similarly, the SBS wizzard also hangs after you've answer all the questions.

Any suggestions anyone, short of uninstalling and reinstalling ?