RE: Renaming an ISA server

  • From: "Jeremy Pullicino" <jeremyp@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 16:31:13 +0200

In my experience, changing the computer IPs does not cause too many problems,
however, changing the computer name and domain causes quite disaterous
results...

I will be honest - I DID manage to get ISA working after changing the computer
name and domain several times. However, I only managed that by hacking around
with registry, files and vbscripts and some of the features do not even work
anymore (reporting, arrays..)
So I do not reccomend it for production. (I use my ISA for development so I
only need certain sections of it to work - and those are the ones I fixed
manually.)

It would be very nice for ISA server to be able to work when certain
configurations change. I think that MS give very limited support for this.

Jeremy.