Remote desktop and VPN issue...

  • From: MarvinC <marvinc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ISA Admin <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, NTSYS Admin Issues <ntsysadmin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 23:56:58 -0400

My problem is two-fold so please bear with me as I try to explain it.
First of all I have my home network which runs ISA2K4 w/SP1 on W2K3
server and my corporate or work network which I access from home using
the Cisco VPN client. The first problem deals with an error I get
after trying to enable the VPN client service on my home ISA2K4
server. The error reads:

ISA Server is unable to add this computer to the list of valid remote
access servers in the Active Directory. Before you can use this
computer as a remote access server, the domain administrator must
complete this task.

The crazy part is that I am logged in as a Domain admin. Looking in
ADUC under System\RAS and IAS Servers I don't see the ISA server
listed. I'm thinking this may something to do with my problem so I
need help figuring out why the server isn't being added.

The second part of the problem comes after ignoring the error and
continuing to configure the VPN server for remote access. I notice
that I cannot connect remotely, either via VPN or remote desktop to
the external interface. I'm also no longer able to log in to my
corporate network using the Cisco VPN client from my home network. The
minute I remove this VPN policy I can connect to the corporate
network.

My setup is simple in that I have multiple interfaces and I'm using a
Bellsouth DSL account. Would ANYONE be able to provide direction with
this issue???
ANY responses are appreciated.