RE: Remote access encryption strength with ISA2004

  • From: "Stefaan Pouseele" <stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:54:03 +0100

Hi Tom,

Are you sure only MPPE is involved in the encryption strength settings?

Hmm... That would mean there are two places where the encryption strength is
configured. Once in the RRAS Encryption tab for PPTP and once in the
installed IKE policies for L2TP/IPSec. For the latter I see 3DES and DES as
allowed encryption. So, how can we be sure which one will be negotiated?

I find it rather strange you can't define such an important setting through
the ISA MMC :-((

Thanks,
Stefaan