RE: Remote Assistant behind ISA

  • From: "David V. Dellanno" <ddellanno@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:59:25 -0400

Thanks Stefaan I'll try it out tonight.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefaan Pouseele [mailto:stefaan.pouseele@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 3:51 PM
To: [ISAserver.org Discussion List]
Subject: [isalist] RE: Remote Assistant behind ISA

Hi David,

for some info about how Remote Assistance works, check out:
-
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/howto/gethelp/remoteassist/default.asp
-
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/rmassist.asp

Because the Helper must connect to the person who is being helped on TCP port
3389 (the same socket used as for Terminal Services), it depends on which party
is behind a NAT or Firewall device. I never tries it, but I think that if only
the Helper is behind an ISA server, it might work.

HTH,
Stefaan