RE: Remote Access of PC that is behind ISA

  • From: "Edward Sullivan" <esullivan@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 16:05:49 -0500

"A word of caution about VNC - no support. There is a question I posted from
2000 still floating about on a VNC support forum that was never answered, and
to this day I still get emails from people having the same problem asking me if
a solution was found."

And it never was.

With Timbuktu, there is support and prior familiarity with the product since
they already have it. And, it is essentially free for them as it is already
purchased.

Don't get me wrong, I love VNC for server admin purposes. However, no support
plus mixing with end-users generally results in a very untasty VNC martini.

Ed