RE: Remote Access of PC that is behind ISA

  • From: "Quillman Shawn (RBNA/CIT1.1) *" <Shawn.Quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 06:38:55 -0500

Hi Kelli,

I know Timbuktu uses UDP port 407 for handshake and the remote control uses
TCP 1417 so you need to make sure both of those are open on the firewall.  I
got it working Tuesday night on a LinkSys DSL firewall router using port
forwarding so you shouldn't have any problems.  Check this link out, has the
list of ports that all the Timbuktu components use:

http://www.netopia.com/en-us/support/technotes/software/tb22000/TP2000_005.h
tml

-Shawn

-----
Shawn R. Quillman
Robert Bosch Corporation RBNA/CIT1.1
38000 Hills Tech Drive
Farmington Hills, MI  48331
(248) 553-1164 (P)     (248) 848-2855 (F)
shawn.quillman@xxxxxxxxxxxx