RE: Rebuild problems

  • From: "Dan Bartley" <bartleyd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 10:50:45 -0500

Just wanted to do a final follow up on my original post for the benefit
of the knowledge archives.

Everything I described below was related to a problem with the web
proxy. After a couple more weeks of watching and tracking errors, I
discovered that the BIOS ACPI (MSI P3 motherboard) of the replacement
machine was trying to read/write to memory space used by the web proxy
service. It caused unpredictable behavior and occasional crash of the
web proxy. BIOS update fixed the ACPI and all the errors, proxy crashes
and random problems went away. Sometimes the problem is right at the
front door instead of the upstairs hallway closet.

I had to work at this one.

Best Regards,

Dan Bartley

  _____