Reboot of ISA Server machiine

  • From: "Larry Thompson" <lthompson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2001 10:26:36 -0700

This started when I ran a dual homed Proxy Server 2, I am now running a
dual homed ISA Server. The incoming line is a SW Bell dsl and is set up as
DHCP. The private side is static IP, there is a WINS and DNS on a w2K
server (other than the stand alone ISA Server). Every time the SW Bell
line renews the lease, or when I try IPCONFIG /RENEW from the command line
the computer must be restarted to renew the DHCP lease. The error message
(event viewer or cmd) is that the computer cannot find the DHCP server. I
have changed machines, NICs, etc. It works correctly until I install the
ISA Server. I know I am probably not the only one who has had this
problem, but I cannot seem to resolve it. Help.

Larry Thompson