RE: Real world bandwidth control

  • From: David Dellanno <david@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 18:17:44 -0400

I believe ISA does support gainularity of assing bandwidth control to a user
or group.

QoS should be tested for each protocol that needs to be regulated on an
as-needed basis.  Any application/os that "allows network administrators to
use their exitsting resoures efficintly and to guarentee that critical
applications receive high-quality service without having to expand as
quickly or upgrade their network" - Network Infrastructure Adminsitration
book, is worth testing.

Service Pack 2 resolved the issue with QoS
http://www.isaserver.org/pages/bugs.htm